Introductions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductions

As you can tell by my screen name I am Edie's dad, I am also Emily's husband. Both were diagnosed with nueroblastoma and both are now cancer free thanks to Alexs Lemonade Stand and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

This is a great idea, thank you ALSF for putting this together. We look forward to interacting with everyone.
    Last edited by EdiesDad; 03-07-2017, 07:21 PM.

Hi, My name is Alexis and I have a 16 year old son Brendan who was dx with Pre B ALL in December of 2009. He has been in LTR for 7 years and doing great.This will be a great place to connect with other families. Thanks ALSF!

Comment

My name is Ashley, and I am a survivor of osteosarcoma. I am 21 years post diagnosis, but in the past few years have developed some severe issues due to chemotherapy side effects. I was diagnosed at 10 years old and am now 31 and have 3 children of my own.

I am here to give parents advise and hope from a childhood survivor's perspective. Also I am hoping to learn more about the disease that has changed the course of my life so drastically.

Comment

• MaddysMom
        MaddysMom commented
        Editing a comment
        My daughter is 15 years post diagnosis. She had stage III anaplastic Wims Tumor, which is a kidney tumor.
        I hope I'm not being nosey, but you mentioned having some late onset severe effects from chemo. If you wouldn't mind sharing, could you tell me what they are? And maybe which drugs they are related to, if you know.
        My daughter goes to the survivor clinic once a year, and they check her for heart issues, but luckily nothing has shown up.

Hi! This is such a great idea! Our daughter, 7, was diagnosed with T-Cell ALL in 2015 and is currently in maintenance. We are looking forward to connecting with other families and survivors through ALSF.

Comment

Hi! Our daughter was diagnosed in 2006 at age 2 with high risk NB. She was the first child to get the antibody treatment off trial. Today she is a healthy happy 7th grader! We would love to offer support for other families going through scary treatments to offer hope and encouragement. It does get better

Comment

Happy to be on this forum and meet people virtually. Hopefully we can help and learn from each other about childhood cancer topics.

Comment

Hi......our daughter ,8 , was diagnosed in September 2016 with brain cancer. Very rare tumor, a malignant PXA. It has DNA from 2 tumors but listing it as a PXA. Not really too much out there on it. It's a rare tumor but mainly benign, even rarer being malignant.

Comment

Hi, I am Maddys mom. My daughter was diagnosed with stage III anaplastic Wilms Tumor at age 5. She is now 20 and a healthy college student. It's nice to see hopeful things here, as I really don't have any connections with families of long term survivors.

Comment

Hello all! My name is Kristi. My husband, Steve and I have 3 beautiful boys. Alexander (22), Julian (Forever 10) and Brayden is 8. Our son, Julian was diagnosed with Stage IV Neuroblastoma on August 4th, 2011 at 6 years old. He gained his wings after 4 years of fighting and flew home on August 8th, 2015.

Comment

Working...
                X